Followers

Translate

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Bloomin' Time Challenge Card

Coffee of the Day - Toffee Nut

Good morning! I wanted to post the second card I made for the Simply Sassy Design Studio Grand Opening Challenges over the weekend. I only had the opportunity to play in these 2 challenges, but want to try to tackle some of the others later on when I am up to it. It really was a fun time at SNR.

The challenge for this card was both time and following the rules. Each participant had 1 hour to complete their creation. Each project had to utilize the following:

  • cardstock
  • butterfly or bug
  • punch
  • ribbon
  • border
  • glitter
  • salutation

The wings on the bee and parts of the flower were painted with butter cream shimmerz to add to my glitter. I used 2 punches - the MS border (this is one of new fave punches!!!) and the scallop square. I added little dots of fruit punch stickles to help 'bling' it up slightly, but wanted to keep it to a minimum and have the shabbiness be the predominant style to come through. you know me and shabby!!! ;) I used my ink spray/squirty tool from SU! to add some brown specks on both the main image and the card base. Patterned paper is K & Co. Wild Raspberry collection (lovin' this stuff, too!) and buttons are a great clearance find from JoAnn's in the notions section. More vintage seam tape completes the card. Main image is popped up on extra thick foam tape. Oh gosh, I forgot to say that the stamps are from SU! Bloomin' Beautiful set and were watercolored using SU! inks.

Have a beautiful day!

Jennifer

14 comments:

Angie Williams said...

This is a very pretty card! Great job on the challenge!

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful card Jennifer.. good to see you up and about keeping the mojo going. Best, Peggy

Becky said...

Beautiful card, love this image.

Sara said...

So pretty Jennifer! When you get a chance, I have something for you on my blog!

Scrapping Julie said...

so pretty Jennifer. glad you had a chance to play. i love the distressing. awesome job miss.

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Anne said...

Gorgeous! love the clean lines and the coloring!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very nicely done. I really like it.

Dru said...

Such a pretty card Jen, love the colors and image!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Very pretty card, Jennifer!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty! Your coloring is, as always, fab!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really fun challenge. Love your card.

Cheryl said...

Beatufil card, Jennifer! I am catching up on your posts and wish you continued blessings from God in these difficult days! Your attitude and prayerfulness is inspiring. cheryl

Kryssi said...

very pretty card indeed!!!