Followers

Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prima 'I Thank God' Sympathy Card

Coffee of the Day - French Vanilla

I sadly was in need of a sympathy card this past week, so I turned to a wonderful verse that always seems to bring comfort as well as encouragement - Philippians 1:3. The actual digi sentiment is from an up-and-coming company called 'Digiments' that will be opening soon. I look forward to seeing all of the other neat designs that will be featured, as I have thoroughly enjoyed using this one.

Because the card was going to be mailed, I tried to keep the embellies fairly low to the card as opposed to big ribbons and such. Also wanted some soothing colors, so I turned to these beautiful papers by Prima. The little rose in the bottom corner is a new one from Prima also, from the Nursery collection, but it reminds me of the vintage millinery flowers. Chipboard photo corner was covered in same paper and then sanded to distress, my handy dandy ink air tool was used to lightly spray cocoa ink over the verse and the edges were sponged. The swirl flourish stamp in the corner is from a new Inkadinkado stamp that I received from them. I am loving this flourish, and you will see it pop up in so many places! The trim is a new one from Prima also (I love the way it echos the same design as the MS punch!), and the button comes from Stampin' Up! I inked the edges of the main cs piece in white craft ink as I almost always do. ;)
Have a beautiful day!
Jennifer

9 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

This card is very soothing. Prima has stunning papers. You did a wonderful job with this card.

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job on this card.. I love the colors you chose and the layout is perfect for the sentiment.

Sara said...

Beautiful card Jennifer, I'm sure it will bring the recipient comfort. TFS

Michelle said...

This is beautiful....the verse is beautiful...the colors are perfect.

A 10 in book :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Sorry you had the need for a sympathy card, but this is so comforting. Awesome job choosing that verse.

Becky said...

lovely verse, and pretty card

Anne said...

soft and lovely-

Dru said...

This is so pretty,serene, and calming - I love all the little details you put into it, and the sentiment is perfect. I'm sure anyone receiving this will treasure it always.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Jennifer.